Weapons are equippable items. There are no class restrictions on weapons.
Weapon availability[edit | edit source]
Types of weapons[edit | edit source]
In addition to melee weapons, there are four categories of firearms:
- Assault rifles - Shoot while on the move while maintaining distance
- Pistols - Used in close to mid-range combat
- Shotguns - Used in close combat
- Sniper rifles - Hang back and pick off enemies one-by-one from long distances
Melee weapons vary in both damage and speed. Hard-hitting hammers do maximum damage, while lightning-fast shivs or swords allow getting in and out of harm's way with speed and precision.
Firing modes[edit | edit source]
Each gun that can fire a projectile or beam has a mode of firing. The following modes are found during gameplay:
- Automatic - As long as the trigger is pulled, the weapon fires shots continuously until the thermal clip is empty.
- Semi-automatic - Each time the trigger is pulled equals one shot fired. To fire another shot, the trigger must be pulled again.
- Two-shot burst - Each time the trigger is pulled equals two shots fired. To fire another two-shot burst, the trigger must be pulled again.
- Three-shot burst - Each time the trigger is pulled equals three shots fired. To fire another three-shot burst, the trigger must be pulled again.
- Continuous beam - As long as the trigger is pulled, the weapon fires a beam until the thermal clip is empty.
- Single-shot - After each trigger pull, the weapon uses the full thermal clip and must be reloaded before the trigger can be pulled again.
Some weapons have different effects and/or firing modes if charged before firing. Refer to each weapon page for specific details on any special modes of firing.
Technology types[edit | edit source]
Weapons fall into three technology types based on where their supporting tech comes from.
- Remnant. These weapons typically use beams, have high rates of fire, and are extremely accurate. Utilizing internal heat sink systems, they don't rely on limited ammunition but instead require the firearm to cool down from time to time. Melee weapons are unlike any other design providing unique benefits.
Rarity[edit | edit source]
Weapons fall into one of four categories: common, uncommon, rare, or ultra rare. Each weapon rarity icon corresponds to a color coding. As rarity increases, the value of the weapon increases as well.
Weapons that are crafted use the same light blue colored icon, no matter the rarity.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Weapons stats can be affected by a number of factors. Obvious factors include:
- Weapon mods (spare clips, scopes, barrels, etc.)
- Augmentations to weapons (kinetic coils, aerial lubricant, aerial stabilizers, etc.)
- Weapon Skills such as (Pistols, Assault Rifles, Sniper Rifles, Shotguns)
Changes to a specific weapon, either through crafting with augmentations or through weapon mods, are reflected in the inventory entry for that specific item. They don’t appear on the blueprints.
Other explicit but perhaps less obvious factors include:
- Skill points invested in Combat Skills (other than the weapon skills) increase the bonuses from weapon skills
- Equipped armor
These effects are reflected in the blueprint stats without explicit notation.
The single-player stats shown on the weapons pages are baseline: Initiative I armor, no skill points assigned, no profile active.
Squadmate weapons are fixed and can't be changed or upgraded.
There is a chance that a weapon purchased, crafted, found, or recovered by a Strike team Item Loot Box will drop a random augmentation on deconstruction. (See Augmentation Drops for odds of recovery). Researchable augmentations not already known will not be recovered. This drop will not be shown on the deconstruct screen and you will have to compare your inventory before/after to determine if an augmentation was dropped.
Achievements and trophies[edit | edit source]
The following achievements and trophies can be earned related to Weapons:
Challenges[edit | edit source]
Weapons are the focus of the following challenges:
See also[edit | edit source]