We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Terminal entries are lore entries and data found in a wide variety of terminals throughout the game. The category includes entries on standalone terminals, consoles, emails to Ryder, Heleus News Service stories, and forward station terminal entries.
Consoles and Terminals[edit | edit source]
Consoles and terminals are found throughout Heleus, in buildings, on ships, or out in the open.
- Terminal entries can give insight into the personal lives of the non-playable characters (NPCs) encountered while traveling through Heleus.
- Some trigger missions such as Please help in Prodromos which triggers Shock Treatment.
- Some are an essential part of a mission such as Cluster Model: Dr. Leynomi Aridana which is found on a console in the Tech Lab on the Nexus and is the first objective in Task: The Model of the Spheres.
Consoles and terminals tend to favor a specific design style for each of the technology types - Milky Way, Heleus, and Remnant. It should be noted though that this isn't set in stone and devices may be different.
Email[edit | edit source]
Emails are different than consoles or terminals in that they can only be accessed in very specific locations but work in much the same fashion. Email terminals are located on the Bridge and in the Pathfinder's Quarters on the Tempest.
Emails serve a number of functions:
- Emails can trigger missions such as Inspiration triggers Cora Harper: A Foundation.
- Emails can progress missions such as [Error 982: Carrier Signal interrupted!] - Invitation continues The Firefighters.
- Emails can simply alert Ryder that a mission is available such as Got a plan tells Ryder to see Liam to start Movie Night: Getting Started.
- Emails can be a follow-up that show up after missions.
- Some emails have variable content depending on Ryder's choices during the mission such as Mail from Angara Resistance HQ follows Brought to Light.
- Some emails are only sent if Ryder makes a specific choice such as You did the right thing only comes if Ryder chooses to shoot Akksul during Jaal Ama Darav: Flesh and Blood.
- Some emails simply add to the atmosphere by giving advice such as Stress Relieving Hobbies.
- Some emails provide insight into the characters such as Should be sleeping but....
- Some emails make it clear that the Tempest has a speedy internal communications network such as One more try....
- Romantic interest can be conveyed through email such as Vetra's <3 email and romance can change the contents of an email such as Suvi's email on spirituality.
Heleus News Service stories are available at the news terminal in the located in the entryway nearby the Tempest in the Docking Area on the Nexus. Some are mission-related (EOS (HNS) - Prodromos Founded). Others are not (NEXUS (HNS) - Sun Lamp Reprieve Coming).
New HNS stories are added as game play progresses.
Forward station terminal entries give information on the planet's environment, research, and settlement.
Most planets have this type of terminal entry: