Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The squad is composed of three characters - Ryder and two chosen squadmates.
Overview[edit | edit source]
There are six characters that can be recruited to join the squad and potentially be selected to join the active squad.
Squadmates[edit | edit source]
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
- Each of the Ryder's squadmates has five fixed skills — three active skills and two passive skills . (See Squadmate Skills)
- As the Pathfinder, Ryder can choose the course of their squadmates' skill evolutions, improving characters depending on what the party needs.
- Ryder can set the squad up around the battlefield, ordering them to defend locations, attack targets, or rally to Ryder.
- Ryder can also team up with squadmates for devastating power combos. Ryder can upgrade their squadmates specifically toward making them good at priming or detonating power combos.
- Squadmates have fixed weapons and armor. These can't be changed or upgraded in any fashion.
- Squadmates skills can be reset at the Re-Spec Station in the Med Bay on the Tempest.
Changing The Squad[edit | edit source]
Ryder can choose/change the squad:
- right before leaving to a land on a planet
- right before certain missions
- at a forward station on a planet
- from any loadout station
Squadmate Selection Screen[edit | edit source]
- Selected squadmates have a green checkmark in the upper right corner of their picture.
- Squadmates that are required for a particular mission have a small handshake icon in the upper right corner of their picture.
- Squadmates that have not yet been recruited have a dark gray silhouette that says UNKNOWN and LOCKED on it, as well as a lock symbol.
- Several buttons can allow Ryder to view squadmate statistics or bios.
Achievements and trophies[edit | edit source]
The following achievements and trophies can be earned related to the Squad: