We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|This article is a stub. You can help Mass Effect: Andromeda Wiki by .|
Ryder is the family name of the human player character. Players can play as a male or female and customize the character's look, however the character can only be human. Unlike Shepard, Ryder is not an established hero and must undertake a hero's journey.
The Ryder family[edit | edit source]
The female (Sara Ryder) and male (Scott Ryder) player characters are twins. They are approximately 22 years of age, with Sara being the older twin. The brother and sister both exist in the game world at the same time. Alec Ryder is their father and Ellen Ryder is their mother.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The dogtags found in the N7 Day 2015 video belong to Alec Ryder.
- All members of the Ryder family (except Ellen Ryder) are customisable, though Alec Ryder may only be chosen between his default appearance or one that inherits physical traits from both twins.
- If the player keeps the default first name of their playable character (either Scott or Sara), other characters will sometimes refer to them as such. The name of the non-playable twin can not be changed.
- As of Patch 1.08, the appearance of both twins, playable or not, may be changed at any time in the Tempest's medical bay. Changing their appearances does not effect the story in any way.
References[edit | edit source]
- Mac Walters on Twitter
- Sanchez, Miranda (14 June 2016). E3 2016: How Mass Effect: Andromeda's Ryder Is Different from Shepard IGN. Retrieved 21 June 2016.
- Donnelly, Joe (8 September 2016). Mass Effect: Andromeda's female and male playable characters are sister and brother PC Gamer. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- Pierse, Conal (6 June 2017). Mass Effect Andromeda Patch 1.08 Notes Bioware. Retrieved 18 July 2017.