New Game +
New Game + allows a player to get a head start on the next playthrough by creating a Ryder based on a previously saved game with the main story line completed.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The following categories are carried over exactly as they were in the selected save game:
- Character level
- Spent and unspent skill points for Ryder and squadmates
- Inventory - Weapons, Armor, Consumables, Resources
- It should be noted that the Item Limit returns to 100. Ryder will be unable to do any inventory related actions until item count is below 100.
- Unspent Research Data (RD) points
- Researched projects
- ND1 Nomad upgrades
- Revealed fog of war on any planet maps
- Strike teams
- Purchased model ships
The following items reset and have to be started again:
- Codex entries
- All missions and any mission progress
- All conversation choices including any romances
- Nexus Andromeda Viability Points (AVP) level
- Spent and unspent cryo pod perk points
- Free model ships
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
Start Mass Effect: Andromeda. Choose New Game, then New Game +.
The Load Save screen from the previously active Ryder will be shown. All characters with save files in the BioWare/Mass Effect Andromeda/Save folder will be shown, including Ryders created as New Game +. However, it should be noted that only save files created after the completion of Meridian: The Way Home (main story line) will be available for New Game +.
Navigate left or right to choose a character. If a character has not completed the main story line, there will be no saves available to use for New Game +.
Choose a file to load. The game will initialize and the Character Customization screen will be loaded. A character will flash on the screen briefly, then the Pathfinder from the loaded game will appear. All previous customization choices will be in place (or default if they were not changed): appearance of all three Ryders (Alec/Sara/Scott), training, Shepherd's gender, and name.
Select "Choose Gender." The default Ryders will be shown. Selecting a gender will return you to the main Character Customization screen. If the same gender is chosen, the original Ryder is shown. If the other gender is chose, the previous Ryder's twin will be shown.
From this point, the character creation process is the same as when starting a regular new game.
- Customize Appearance
- Choose Training
- Choose Name
- Customize Twin
- Inherit Alec Ryder Appearance
- Customize History
- Upload Character Data
If the player has an account on the Mass Effect Archives, choosing "Import Character Data" will load the character set currently selected on the website. The set will not be displayed and there is no confirmation before the load.
Choose "Confirm and Start Game" to save the changes and begin the game. Select "Exit" to back out to the main menu without saving.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Because Ryder's skills can't be reset until the Tempest is available, any changes to skill point allocation and skills loadout should be made to the original character before beginning New Game +. Make any changes desired to skill point allocation and/or skills loadout and save the game. This save will be available for a New Game +.