New Game +
New Game + allows a player to get a head start on the next playthrough by creating a Ryder based on a previously saved game with the main story line completed.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The New Game + process has multiple consequences causing some items to change and some to stay the same.
Levels and XP[edit | edit source]
Skills[edit | edit source]
Because character and squadmate skills can't be reset until the Tempest is available, any changes to skill point allocation and skills loadout should be made to the original character before beginning a New Game +. Make any changes desired to skill point allocation and/or skills loadout and save the game to use for the New Game +.
Remnant VI is a unique skill because it is initially supposed to be locked until the mission Peebee: Secret Project has taken place. However, it is possible to have the skill be available from the start of the game during a New Game +. There are four different cases for this skill and the saved game from the prior character affects if it will be available immediately.
- If the original character has spent no points on the skill (requires a skill respec, because there's already one skill point spent when the skill is unlocked), then the skill is locked and shows as Unknown for the New Game +. The skill has to be unlocked again.
- If the original character spent points on the skill, but it was not assigned to one of the three slots in the active skill loadout, then the skill is locked and shows as Unknown for the New Game +. The skill has to be unlocked again.
- If the original character spent points on the skill, and it was assigned to one of the three slots in the active skill loadout, then the skill is available for use and is still assigned to the same slot in the New Game + loadout. The skill is unlocked and doesn't need to be unlocked again. The mission to unlock the skill will still appear and can be completed as normal. However, the single extra skill point that is awarded for unlocking the skill will not be awarded again.
- If the original character places the skill in the leftmost slot, the skill will be replaced by the "Starting Power" skill from the character's Training. This is due to the mission Planetside requiring your starting skill to be in the left slot. Even though the skill is not shown in the active three slots, this doesn't lock the Remnant VI skill. The middle slot will be empty and open for adding the Remnant VI skill.
Skill Respec Station[edit | edit source]
Special Delivery Cache[edit | edit source]
- The blueprints, casual outfits, and paint jobs will show onscreen as receiving another copy but these are not found in the Inventory menu as these items do not allow duplicates.
- The armor items will award a second copy.
- The Pathfinder Elite Weapon Set weapons award a second copy that will be Tier I and will not be level-dependent.
Activating the terminal awards items in an automatic process and so it is possible to violate the inventory item limit by having a greater number of items than normally possible. However, until the item count is at or below the normal limit, any regular inventory-based actions that rely on the item limit will not be possible.
Statistics[edit | edit source]
During a New Game +, all four statistics menus are reset back to zero or the default state.
The following categories are carried over exactly as they were in the selected save game:
- Inventory - Weapons, Armor, Consumables, Resources
- It should be noted that the Item Limit returns to 100. Ryder will be unable to do any inventory related actions until item count is below 100.
- Unspent Research Data (RD) points
- Researched projects
- ND1 Nomad upgrades
- Revealed fog of war on any planet maps
- Strike teams
- Purchased model ships
The following items reset and have to be started again:
- Codex entries
- All missions and any mission progress
- All conversation choices including any romances
- Nexus Andromeda Viability Points (AVP) level
- Spent and unspent cryo pod perk points
- Free model ships
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
Start Mass Effect: Andromeda. Choose New Game, then New Game +.
The Load Save screen from the previously active Ryder will be shown. All characters with save files in the BioWare/Mass Effect Andromeda/Save folder will be shown, including Ryders created as New Game +. However, it should be noted that only save files created after the completion of Meridian: The Way Home (main story line) will be available for New Game +.
Navigate left or right to choose a character. If a character has not completed the main story line, there will be no saves available to use for New Game +.
Choose a file to load. The game will initialize and the Character Customization screen will be loaded. A character will flash on the screen briefly, then the Pathfinder from the loaded game will appear. All previous customization choices will be in place (or default if they were not changed): appearance of all three Ryders (Alec/Sara/Scott), training, Shepard's gender, and name.
Select "Choose Gender." The default Ryders will be shown. Selecting a gender will return you to the main Character Customization screen. If the same gender is chosen, the original Ryder is shown. If the other gender is chose, the previous Ryder's twin will be shown.
From this point, the character creation process is the same as when starting a regular new game.
- Customize Appearance
- Choose Training
- Choose Name
- Customize Twin
- Inherit Alec Ryder Appearance
- Customize History
- Upload Character Data
If the player has an account on the Mass Effect Archives, choosing "Import Character Data" will load the character set currently selected on the website. The set will not be displayed and there is no confirmation before the load.
Choose "Confirm and Start Game" to save the changes and begin the game. Select "Exit" to back out to the main menu without saving.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Because Ryder's skills can't be reset until the Tempest is available, any changes to skill point allocation and skills loadout should be made to the original character before beginning New Game +. Make any changes desired to skill point allocation and/or skills loadout and save the game. This save will be available for a New Game +.