|This article is a stub. You can help Mass Effect: Andromeda Wiki by .|
Multiplayer is voluntary mode of gameplay for Mass Effect: Andromeda using a real-time based combat system.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Multiplayer places players into a class-based, four-player co-op fire-team experience. It is a cooperative mode that encourages and rewards teamwork. Players can join together to survive escalating waves of enemies, complete a series of objectives, and extract from the battlefield.
At the completion of a match, all players will earn the same XP and Credits. Use XP to upgrade characters and evolve existing and new abilities. With a wealth of unique character kits, there are always fresh and interesting builds to explore. Use Credits to update the character's loadout with innovative weapons, mods, and boosters, and then jump into the next match.
How to join multiplayer[edit | edit source]
Players can jump into multiplayer from the main menu, or even from within the single-player campaign. From the Research Room of the Tempest, players can launch the interface for Strike Team Missions. Here, they can send APEX Strike Teams on important missions for the Andromeda Initiative. Missions can either be completed by an APEX Strike Team, or players can jump in to a multiplayer battle.
See Multiplayer Match Strategy for some tips on playing matches.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Matches can be played with one to four members. The last character kit played will be the default one showing when entering multiplayer gameplay. There are a wide number of choices and customizations that can be made from the Main Menu.
Matches are played to:
- earn XP (multiplayer) to level up the character kit you are playing
- earn MP Credits for purchasing packs in the store
- earn Mission Funds for purchasing items in the store and strike teams / strike team equipment
- complete challenges to earn rewards and nameplates
Refer to each of the multiplayer main menu sections listed below for in-depth details on all of the available options and choices for multiplayer gameplay.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Begin with the tutorial mission to get a feel for the pacing of matches and to earn some helpful rewards.
- Always check your Supplies before starting a mission. You never know when you'll need an extra Revive Pack or a Cobra RPG.
- Use cover. It's fast, easy to get to, and it'll save you from taking too much damage.
- Play as a team. Stick together, support each other, and, if you play with an active microphone, communicate.
- If you don't want to have random players join a lobby you created, make the match Private when you create the lobby. Unless you invite other players to your lobby, you will be the only player in the match.
There is also a large selection of on-screen tips for multiplayer that appear during loading screens. See Multiplayer Loading Screens.
Multiplayer Main Menu[edit | edit source]
Once in multiplayer mode, there are several menu options:
Find a match, select your preferred difficulty, or search for any server as quickly as possible.
Create your own lobby and invite some friends, or search for a match with specific settings.
Access tutorial information about multiplayer features.
Develop your Strike Teams by sending them on missions, then tracking their progress.
Store[edit | edit source]
Visit the Pack Store and Item Store (with new items weekly), or open any free reward packs you've received.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Multiplayer requires an active network connection for gameplay. If at anytime this connection is lost, an onscreen display will happen alerting the player to this loss of connection.
Achievements and trophies[edit | edit source]
The following achievements and trophies can be earned for multiplayer: