Mass Effect: Andromeda
Mass Effect: Andromeda is an action role-playing (RPG) third-person shooter video game developed by BioWare and published by Electronic Arts. It was developed using the Frostbite game engine. Mass Effect: Andromeda was officially announced on 15 June 2015 during the Electronic Arts press conference at E3 and was released 21 March 2017 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
Story[edit | edit source]
Mass Effect: Andromeda shares the same universe as the original trilogy, but is considered a separate story, taking place long after Mass Effect 3. Players will be leaving the Milky Way behind and exploring the Andromeda galaxy instead. There, players will lead the fight for a new home in hostile territory - where they are the aliens.
Payers will play as the Pathfinder - a leader of a squad of military-trained explorers - with deep progression and customization systems. This is the story of humanity's next chapter, and choices throughout the game will ultimately determine their survival in the Andromeda Galaxy.
Features[edit | edit source]
- Be the Pathfinder. Chart your own course in a dangerous new galaxy. Unravel the mysteries of the Andromeda galaxy as you discover rich, alien worlds in the search for humanity's new home.
- Return to the Mass Effect universe you love. Lead the first humans in Andromeda on a desperate search for our new home. In this new chapter of Mass Effect, meet and recruit all-new, interesting characters caught up in an epic space saga filled with mystery and galactic conflict.
- Battle like never before. New additions like destructible environments, boosted jumps for added verticality, and all-new weapons and Biotics make combat more thrilling than ever.
- Play your way. Build a formidable hero with amazing weapons, powers and tech. With a much more flexible skill and weapon progression tree, you can replicate your play style to make you unstoppable against powerful alien enemies.
- Join the APEX Forces. Multiplayer in Mass Effect: Andromeda places you into a class-based, 4-player co-op fire-team experience. Team up with three of your friends to take on the enemy threat and protect the interests of the Andromeda Initiative.
Game editions[edit | edit source]
Pre-order bonuses[edit | edit source]
Bonuses are available for players who pre-order Mass Effect: Andromeda.
- Deep Space Explorer Armor - Get ready for the far edges of the Andromeda Galaxy in this unique armor set.
- Nomad Skin - A unique skin for the Nomad as you explore new planets.
- Multiplayer Booster Pack - Jumpstart your multiplayer co-op play with a booster pack. Includes 5x of 50% XP Boosters (received instantly, limit 1 per match)
Books[edit | edit source]
The Art of Mass Effect: Andromeda is an art book for Mass Effect: Andromeda. The book, published by Dark Horse, features never before seen art of the game's characters, arsenal, locations, vehicles, and more. It was released in March 21, 2017.