Consumables are a type of item that is consumed when used.
Codex[edit | edit source]
While Andromeda Initiative gear and weaponry is designed to be as versatile as possible, extraordinary circumstances sometimes arise. Pathfinders and scout forces often turn to less orthodox resources to ensure they survive hostile conditions.
"Adrenaline" is a nickname for a prototype omni-gel/OSD package. When deployed, it bypasses omni-tool safeties to minifacture (small-scale manufacture) new heat sinks and provide a temporary but powerful boost to armor.
A shield capacitor immediately overlocks a user's shields, bringing them to full power and giving them a boost. This boost is unstable, however, and will be lost the next time the shield is breached.
Special ammunition packs apply a variety of effects to weapons fire. Incendiary ammo coats projectiles in thermite paste as they are fired. The paste adheres to and burns through armor. Cryo ammo uses Bose-Einstein condensate to freeze an enemy or slow them. Disrupter ammo projectiles carry an electrical charge that damages enemy hardsuit systems.
The Cobra RPG package uses a volatile solution of omni-gel to minifacture a short-lived but extremely dangerous projectile. Launched from an omni-tool, it hits with the same explosive power as a portable rocket launcher.
List of consumables[edit | edit source]
|Backup Life Support||Common||Boosts life-support capacity and allows a user to survive hazardous environments longer outside of the Nomad. No effect on combat.||160|
|Cryo Ammo||Common||clips of the currently equipped gun.||240|
|Disruptor Ammo||Common||clips of the currently equipped gun.||240|
|Incendiary Ammo||Common||clips of the currently equipped gun.||240|
|Overdrive Pack||Common||Immediately reloads all weapons, recharges all powers, and temporarily boosts accuracy and damage reduction.||160|
|Shield Capacitors||Common||Boosts maximum shields. Restores current shielding to the new maximum. The boost lasts until shields are broken.||160|
Cooldown timer[edit | edit source]
When most consumables are used, a cooldown timer starts that isn't shown on screen. This is so that multiple consumables can't be used at the same time. By opening the weapon wheel, the central portion of the menu will display the remaining amount of time until another consumable can be used.
- Backup Life Support, Cryo Ammo, Disruptor Ammo, Incendiary Ammo, and Overdrive Pack have a 15 second cooldown timer.
- Cobra RPGs have a 3 second cooldown timer.
- Shield Capacitors have no cooldown timer.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Consumables can only be changed at a Loadout station or using the Item Pickup menu.
- Each ammunition pack can prime for combos.
- The Cobra RPG is also able to prime enemies.
- An ammunition pack is applied to the currently equipped firearm only. Switching to a different firearm using the weapon wheel will not transfer the ammunition pack.
- Ammunition packs stay in place until used up. This includes fast travelling to other places on a planet or even leaving the planet for another location.
- Infinite heat sink weapons still have the three clip limited use for ammunition packs. It is not possible to game the system by not fully using the 100% available. Each infinite heat sink weapon has an equivalent number of shots that once used up will return the weapon back to normal functioning.
- Ammunition packs do not stack when used. If a different ammunition pack is used before the current ammunition pack is used up, the new ammunition pack will replace the existing one. All remaining ammunition from the the first pack will be lost.
- Shield capacitors can be used multiple times in succession and the bonuses will stack. Each use is 100 shield units of increase. (See Notes.)
- The Overdrive Pack uses existing reserve ammunition to reload weapons and doesn't provide extra thermal clips. It also doesn't provide replacement power cells.
- Consumables can be destroyed to make space in Inventory but be aware the entire stacked amount is destroyed all at once.
- Equipped consumables have a green check mark .
See also[edit | edit source]