Backup Life Support
|Backup Life Support|
|Boosts life support capacity and allows a user to survive hazardous environments longer outside of the Nomad. No effect on combat.|
Backup Life Support is a consumable.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
Despite the description stating that this consumable "boosts" Life Support, it doesn't recharge or give back any Life Support. Instead, it slows the rate of Life Support depletion for a small amount of time.
Backup Life Support adds extra time to Life Support for Level 1 & Level 2 hazards. There is no change to Level 3 hazard time. The time numbers listed in the table below are for a single use of the consumable while hazard damage is occurring.
Difficulty level influences how long hazards will take to deplete Life Support and how long until death occurs. The easier the gameplay, the longer the amount of time until Life Support fails. Once Life Support fails, health damage occurs until Pathfinder Ryder dies. Conversely, the harder the difficulty, the less time is available.
- Narrative difficulty is the same amount of Life Support and heath depletion time as Normal.
- Casual difficulty is the same amount of Life Support and heath depletion time as Normal.
- Normal difficulty is the standard amount of Life Support and heath depletion time.
- Hardcore difficulty decreases the amount of Life Support and heath depletion time to 75% of Normal.
- Insanity difficulty decreases the amount of Life Support and heath depletion time to 60% of Normal.
Life Support times in the table below are displayed as Narrative, Casual, Normal, Hardcore, and Insanity.
|Time To Deplete Life Support - When Shields Flash (in seconds)|
|Hazard||Pathfinder Ryder||Backup Life Support|
Notes[edit | edit source]
Backup Life Support has a 15 second cooldown timer when used.