|This article is a stub. You can help Mass Effect: Andromeda Wiki by .|
Check in with Mass Effect: Andromeda’s multiplayer anytime, anywhere using the APEX HQ companion app. Change your loadout ahead of a match, command strike teams on-the-go, and stay up to date with all the latest multiplayer news, missions and progression.
- 1 Availability
- 2 Mechanics
- 3 App
- 3.1 Home
- 3.2 Characters
- 3.3 Strike Teams
- 3.4 Prestige
- 3.4.1 Achievements
- 3.4.2 Leaderboards
- 3.4.3 Collections
- 3.4.4 Challenges
- 3.4.5 Bonus Stats
- 3.5 Updates
- 4 Notes
- 5 References
Availability[edit | edit source]
The APEX HQ app is supported by iOS and Android and was first released was released on March 15, 2017 in Canada, Ireland, Romania and Singapore, and worldwide on March 20, 2017.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
The APEX HQ app allows the user to link to a Mass Effect: Andromeda profile and make changes to multiplayer settings. It is not possible to play multiplayer gameplay through the app. The main functions of the app are: commanding strike teams, purchasing items from the store, and the ability to view detailed lists with statistics for acquired items and characters.
An important thing to note is that if you can see an "item" on the screen in the app - you can likely click on that item and it will open a new display with additional information. Click on everything!
It is possible to view some items in more detail in the app than what is possible in multiplayer gameplay.
- Challenges are possible to view that have not been unlocked yet.
- The entire series of an acquired leveled item (I-X) can be viewed in a tab fashion. If you have acquired the level I version of a weapon or weapon mod - you can see all of the remaining levels II-X.
It is NOT advised to sign into the app while currently playing the game. Sign out of the game or sign out the app - don't use both at the same time. It is possible to sign into app while playing the game but errors will be displayed and functionality will be limited. It may take up to 15 minutes after you leave the game before the app will function correctly.
App[edit | edit source]
There are five main tabs with items that are interconnected. Clicking on an item in one tab may or may not take you to another tab.
Home[edit | edit source]
This is the main screen when logging into the app. This menu is an overview of multiplayer gameplay.
There are a number of items that can be clicked on for additional details:
- Manage Widgets - This is a unique screen only available on the Home screen. This menu screen allows changing of the order and/or the items shown on the home screen
- Recent MP Match - Shows the result and mission info for the most recent match. Clicking View All will open a unique screen only available on the Home screen. This menu shows the last twenty matches completed in multiplayer gameplay.
- Active Character - Shows the active character. Clicking on this item links to the Characters tab.
- Prestige - Shows APEX Rating and Challenge Rating. Clicking on this item links to the Prestige tab.
- Strike Teams - Shows the number of missions complete and in progress. Clicking on this item links to the Strike Teams tab.
- Recently Unlocked - Shows the item most recently unlocked. Swiping left or right shows the last five items unlocked. Clicking on an item opens the detailed menu on the item.
- Nameplate - Shows the current active nameplate. Clicking on the item opens the detailed Nameplates menu.
- Unclaimed Rewards - Shows unclaimed rewards in the Store. Clicking on an item opens a detailed menu for claiming the item. If the section is empty, clicking on this item opens the Store menu.
- Time Played - Shows the cumulative time played in multiplayer gameplay. Clicking on this item opens the Collection menu.
- Store - This shows the currently available Mission Funds, Andromeda Points, and MP Credits. Five currently available items are shown. Clicking on an item will open the item and the purchasing options. Swipe to show View All. Clicking on that will open the Store menu.
- Daily Challenges - The current daily challenges are displayed with countdown timers. Clicking on an item will open the Challenges menu.
Characters[edit | edit source]
This is the menu for viewing and/or modifying character kits.
The active character selection will be displayed when first entering this menu.
Clicking on any character in the list will open three sub-menus (Statistics, Loadout, & Skills) as long as the character has been unlocked. Locked characters will not allow any addition information to be displayed.
Statistics[edit | edit source]
This is the first sub-menu displayed when clicking on a character. This is an overview of the character.
Loadout[edit | edit source]
Skills[edit | edit source]
This sub-menu displays the current status of skills for the character. It is possible to review and spend skill points to purchase skill ranks from this sub-menu.
Strike Teams[edit | edit source]
This is the menu for managing strike teams. All of the normal functions of the strike team console can be performed with the exception of claiming pathfinder rewards which can only be done in singleplayer mode.
There are two sub-menus available for this menu: Missions & Teams.
A unique benefit of using the app for strike teams is that the app automatically gives the best team success percentage rate as the first choice for a mission. No longer do you have to look through the list to find the best percentage.
A second unique benefit of using the app for strike teams is that successful strike team mission will also give the current total amount of loot boxes.
Missions[edit | edit source]
This sub-menu allows selecting strike team missions and teams to complete them. Details about each mission can be found by clicking on a mission. Circular blue graphics and timers on mission pics indicate which missions are in progress and how long until the mission is complete.
Teams[edit | edit source]
This sub-menu is used for managing teams. This menu displays in-depth details of teams and allows renaming, equipping, and/or retiring of strike teams.
Prestige[edit | edit source]
This menu documents multiple facets of gameplay.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
This sub-menu displays the fifty-five achievements from both singleplayer and multiplayer gameplay. Completed achievements will be in color while locked achievements will be greyed out.
Leaderboards[edit | edit source]
This sub-menu displays the current APEX and Challenge points rank of a player in comparison to the Global and Friends lists.
Collections[edit | edit source]
This sub-menu displays all items that can be collected from gameplay.
Characters[edit | edit source]
This sub-menu displays all character kits.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
This sub-menu displays all normal weapons.
Weapon Variants[edit | edit source]
This sub-menu displays all weapon variants.
Mods[edit | edit source]
This sub-menu displays all normal mods.
Mod Variants[edit | edit source]
This sub-menu displays all specialized mods that have benefits and penalties.
Boosters[edit | edit source]
This sub-menu displays all boosters.
Consumables[edit | edit source]
This sub-menu displays all consumable supplies.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
This sub-menu displays all equipment.
Nameplates[edit | edit source]
This sub-menu displays all nameplates.
Challenges[edit | edit source]
This sub-menu displays all challenges and the current progress in completing those challenges.
Daily[edit | edit source]
These challenges are on a time limit and change every 24 hours.
General[edit | edit source]
These are challenges not covered under other specific challenge categories.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
These are challenges dealing with weapons and skills.
Aliens[edit | edit source]
These are challenges dealing with killing different enemy factions,
Bonus Stats[edit | edit source]
This sub-menu displays all bonus stats and the current progress towards those bonus stats.
Updates[edit | edit source]
This menu has the store, a complete list of all missions, and news about the game.
Mission Updates[edit | edit source]
All missions that can be played in multiplayer or with strike teams can be reviewed from this sub-menu.
All[edit | edit source]
This sub-menu lists all missions.
APEX[edit | edit source]
This sub-menu lists only APEX missions.
Store[edit | edit source]
Item[edit | edit source]
This sub-menu is for purchasing items with Mission Funds.
Packs[edit | edit source]
Rewards[edit | edit source]
This sub-menu is for claiming reward packs. Awarded nameplates are claimed from this sub-menu as well.
News[edit | edit source]
This sub-menu lists official updates from the BioWare website.
Multiplayer[edit | edit source]
This sub-menu lists multiplayer updates.
APEX HQ[edit | edit source]
This sub-menu lists updates to the APEX HQ app.
Notes[edit | edit source]
The expiration times shown on the rotating store items are identical, but not accurate for all items.