Players can team up with their squadmates for devastating combat power combos. Power combos activate when the player or a squadmate primes an enemy or group of enemies, setting them up for the kill, and then another squadmate jumps in to finish the job. Players can upgrade their squadmates specifically toward making them good at priming or detonating power combos.
Many powers can be evolved to become a primer, a detonator, or even both. Look for primer and detonator icons when planning skill purchases.
Combo primers[edit | edit source]
To set up a combo, an enemy first must be primed with certain powers, such as Incinerate.
Type of primers[edit | edit source]
Powers that can prime enemies are marked with different icons on the Skills screen that indicate their primer type.
- Fire - Burn enemies and set them up for a Fire Combo.
- Cryo - Chill or freeze enemies and set them up for a Fire Combo.
- Tech - Electrify enemies and set them up for a Tech Combo.
- Biotic - Lift enemies into the air and set them up for a Biotic Combo.
List of primers[edit | edit source]
|Assault Turret||Fire, Cryo||Yes|
Combo detonators[edit | edit source]
Once an enemy is primed, a detonator power is required to set off the combo explosion. Detonator powers are marked with a detonation icon on the Skills screen.
Type of detonators[edit | edit source]
Any detonator power will set off a combo. The type of explosion is determined by the primer.
- Fire Combos - Set every enemy in the area on fire.
- Cryo Combos - Slow or freeze nearby enemies.
- Tech Combos - Creates a lingering electrical discharge that stuns enemies.
- Biotic Combos - Detonates with extreme force, sending enemies flying.
List of detonators[edit | edit source]
Achievements and trophies[edit | edit source]
The following achievements and trophies can be earned which are related to Power Combos: