|This article is a stub. You can help Mass Effect: Andromeda Wiki by .|
Multiplayer in Mass Effect: Andromeda places players into a class-based, 4-player co-op fire-team experience. It is a cooperative mode that encourages and rewards teamwork. Players can join together to survive escalating waves of enemies, complete a series of objectives, and extract from the battlefield.
At the completion of a match, all players will earn the same XP and Credits. Use XP to upgrade characters and evolve existing and new abilities. With a wealth of unique character kits, there are always fresh and interesting builds to explore. Use Credits to update the character's loadout with innovative weapons, mods, and boosters, and then jump into the next match.
How to join multiplayer[edit | edit source]
Players can jump into multiplayer from the main menu, or even from within the single-player campaign. From the bridge of the Tempest, players can launch the interface for Strike Team Missions. Here, they can send APEX Strike Teams on important missions for the Andromeda Initiative. Missions can either be completed by an APEX Strike Team, or players can jump in to a multiplayer battle.
[edit | edit source]
Once in multiplayer mode, there are several menu options:
- Quick Match - Find a match, select your preferred difficulty, or search for any server as quickly as possible.
- Custom Match - Create your own lobby and invite some friends, or search for a match with specific settings.
- Character Selection - Choose a multiplayer class character kit from a variety of options, including different species and profiles.
- Character Customization - Manage your character's loadout, skills, consumables, and visual customization.
- Prestige - Check out your collections, challenges, leaderboards, and bonus stats.
- Tutorials - Access tutorial information about multiplayer features.
- Strike Teams - Develop your Strike Teams by sending them on missions, then tracking their progress.
- Store - Visit the Pack Store and Item Store (with new items weekly), or open any free reward packs you've received.
Character customization[edit | edit source]
Loadout[edit | edit source]
Like the single player campaign, multiplayer weapons utilize Milky Way, Heleus Cluster, and Remnant technologies. Each technology type gives an edge against particular kinds of enemies. Any character can use any weapon, there are no class restrictions. Weapons can be modified and upgraded to give a strategic advantage on the battlefield.
Equipment is a permanent item that works like boosters and boosts aspects of the player's gear. For different kits, different pieces of equipment are beneficial.
Consumables[edit | edit source]
Skills[edit | edit source]
Players can level up their character's skills, which include three powers and two passive abilities.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Players are able to change colors and patterns for each character. Higher character ranks unlock more colors and patterns. Gain higher ranks of characters by purchasing packs in the Store.
- Color Tint 1
- Color Tint 2
- Color Tint 3
- Pattern Select
- Pattern Color
Match settings[edit | edit source]
Players can select the mission, map, difficulty, enemy type, and privacy settings in a custom match. Selecting a specific mission sets a specific map, difficulty, and enemy type.
Missions[edit | edit source]
There are three missions available to choose from, one of each difficulty, or one can be selected at random. The missions refresh every so many hours.
- Distract Enemy Forces - Bronze, Firebase Derelict, Outlaw
- Recover the Artifact - Silver, Firebase Zero, Remnant
- Eliminate Enemy Saboteurs - Gold, Firebase Derelict, Remnant
Maps[edit | edit source]
There are five multiplayer maps available to choose from, or one can be selected at random:
- Firebase Zero - Firebase Zero is one of the first productive eezo mining facilities in Andromeda, and its output is critical to the Andromeda Initiative's mission. Its strategic value has attracted the attention of kett troops and profiteers alike.
- Firebase Sandstorm - Researchers at this sweltering outpost develop strategies and equipment to mitigate the desert's damaging effects on armor, weapons, and shuttles. Their collected data would provide a valuable strategic advantage to anyone operating in the searing heat and coarse sand of the Heleus Cluster's desert worlds.
- Firebase Icebreaker - Outlaws built this facility to crack thick ice fields and obtain cheap fuel and ingredients for rare narcotics. Enemy factions want that factory up and running - the kett want its fuel, the outlaws want the profits, and more Remnant are reaching the surface through the cracked ice. The militia wants this facility shut down for good.
- Firebase Derelict - This kett ship is adrift in the Scourge. Symbolically important to the kett, its databanks are also full of valuable information to those who can decipher it. Damage to the ship requires sections to be sealed off and re-opened for the militia to proceed, gathering information before they meet an extraction shuttle.
- Firebase Magma - A lava field isn't the likeliest place for an industrial outpost, but outlaws built a facility here to harness its massive amounts of geothermal energy. This power then fuels advanced factories that create experimental weapons and incendiary munitions.
Difficulty[edit | edit source]
There are three difficulty settings available to choose from, or one can be selected at random:
- Bronze - Suited for characters of any level. Reward levels are moderate. Recommended level: 1 or above
- Silver - Suited for medium-level characters. Reward levels are increased. Recommended level: 10 or above
- Gold - Suited for high-level characters. Reward levels are maximized. Recommended level: 18 or above
Enemy type[edit | edit source]
There are three enemy types available to choose from, or one can be selected at random:
- Kett - The kett are brutal conquerors from an unknown area of Andromeda beyond the borders of the Heleus Cluster. Seemingly genderless, they prize physical supremacy and genetic dominance. The kett believe their species is superior to all others.
- Remnant - The Remnant are the technological remains of an advanced, mysterious creator species that abandoned the Heleus Cluster about 600 years ago. Often, the Remnant - ranging from small Observers to gigantic Architects - guard vaults and ruins, defending and keeping vigil over devices that can alter entire planets.
- Outlaw - Outlaws are a loosely organized, ragtag group who are out for themselves in the Heleus Cluster. Some were exiled from the original Nexus crew; some lost faith in Initiative leadership and broke away. Most though, are brigands and pirates who are only concerned about grinding out profit and personal gain in the lawless cluster.
Achievements and trophies[edit | edit source]
The following achievements and trophies can be earned for multiplayer:
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Begin with the tutorial mission to get a feel for the pacing of matches and to earn some helpful rewards.
- Always check your Supplies before starting a mission. You never know when you'll need an extra Revive Pack or a Cobra RPG.
- Use cover. It's fast, easy to get to, and it'll save you from taking too much damage.
- Play as a team. Stick together, support each other, and communicate.